Easy refrigerated biscuit dough monkey bread cooked in muffin pans. My brother who calls these ‘monkey sins’ loves to be in charge of shaking the biscuit pieces with the spiced sugar. I love that I can make a few of these at a time and eat them warm without waiting for a large enough crowd to justify a tube pan full.
Prep 10 m
Cook 15 m
Ready In 25 m
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough, separated and cut into six pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter 6 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine the apple pie spice and white sugar in a small bowl; roll the biscuit pieces in the mixture to coat. Divide the coated pieces between the prepared muffin cups.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Allow the mixture to boil until the sugar is completely dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.