Homemade sausage sounds like a complicated endeavor, but this recipe is quick to make and flavored with sweet maple syrup and earthy sage.
TOTAL TIME: 0:30
YIELD: 16 patties
- 2 lb. coarsely ground pork
- 6 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. Place a sheet pan in oven. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except oil, until combined. Form mixture into 16 two-inch-round patties. (Patties can be stored, covered, in a refrigerator for up to 1 day.)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Working in batches, cook patties until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Transfer sausage to sheet pan in oven and cover loosely with foil while cooking remaining patties.