These savory mini pancakes will disappear quickly once your loved ones get a taste.
TOTAL TIME: 0:55
YIELD: 30 blinis
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scallion, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. amber beer
- Olive oil, for griddle
- Stir together yogurt, scallion, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and finely crumbled, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Stir in chorizo and carrots. Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a separate bowl; stir in beer. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just blended and smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brush with olive oil. Pour about 1 tablespoon batter for each blin onto griddle. Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook until plump and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 175°F oven up to 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve dolloped with yogurt mixture and garnished with scallion.